10 Best Motorcycle Rain Gears 2021
If you’re trying to find the best gear to wear to stay dry on your next motorcycle ride, you’ve found the right place! Depending on...
If you’re trying to find the best gear to wear to stay dry on your next motorcycle ride, you’ve found the right place!
Depending on the conditions of the area you’ll be riding your motorcycle, you’re going to want to have a rain suit that best fits your needs and comfort specifications. This may seem like an easy task, but there are a few important factors you’ll need to consider, before deciding on the best motorcycle rain gear.
Let’s take a look at some items to consider, upon deciding the type of motorcycle rain suit to purchase!
Things to Consider
Pay close attention to these things if you want to stay dry on your next ride!
- Price. As much as it sucks to say, the effectiveness of any waterproof gear will increase with price. You won’t find gear that will keep you dry on clearance. More advanced waterproofing technology is usually more expensive. At least it’ll keep you dry!
- Breathability. This is especially important for those that plan to bike in humid or hot areas. Even if a rain suit will keep you dry in the rain, what good will it be to you if it isn’t breathable? There isn’t anything worse than being bathed in your own sweat. It doesn’t feel or smell good. The bottom line is that the ventilation of a jacket is an important thing to consider if you’re going to be biking in a hotter environment, even if you lose some of your gear’s waterproof ability.
- Accessories. A rain suit is great if it’s ventilated, but it needs to come with accessories such as glove and boot covers if you want to stay dry. Some rain suits come with these features and some don’t.
- Visibility. You’re going to want a rain suit that’s visible to other drivers, especially in inclement weather. You’ll save yourself and other drivers potential accidents.
Top 10 Motorcycle Rain Gears Ultimate Table
|1. Coleman PVC/Nylon Rain Suit||Yes||$||4.6|
|2. Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit||No||$$||4.1|
|3. Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit||No||$$||4.1|
|4. Nelson-Rigg SR-6000 Stormrider Men's 2-Piece On-Road Motorcycle Rain Suits||Yes||$$||4.1|
|5. Result Mens Heavyweight Waterproof Rain Suit||Yes||$||4.0|
|6. Frogg Toggs Men's Ultra Lite Rain Suit||No||$||3.9|
|7. Raider Simplex Rainsuit||No||$||3.8|
|8. Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company Motorcycle Riding Rain Suit||Yes||$$$||3.8|
|9. Xelement RN4760 Mens Black 2-Piece Motorcycle Rain Suit||Yes||$$||3.7|
|10. IXS Orca Evo Rain Suit||No||$$||3.6|
If you’re not sold on any of the rain suits in the table above, or if you need some more information as far as buying goes, here are a few things to be aware of when searching for the best motorcycle rain gear.
- Versatility. Is the rain suit easily packed away in a book bag? Can it be folded down to a size that’s easy to carry? Both of these contribute to a better motorcycling experience, especially if you’re riding in the rain to work.
- Pockets. Pockets may seem like a necessity when it comes to rain gear, but many rain suits don’t have them. If you’re riding your motorcycle in inclement weather but don’t want the weight of a clunky book bag bearing you down, you’re going to want to keep your eyes peeled for rain suits that offer plenty of pocket storage.
Top 3 Best Motorcycle Rain Gear Reviews
This highly touted rain suit will fend off water and keep you cool.
The Coleman PVC/Nylon Rain Suit is composed of strong, 20mm PVC. It’s also lined with nylon for extra protection and structure. It’s a phenomenally designed rain suit, as far as convenience is concerned; the top portion of the suit is designed with two slits so you can easily access the pockets of pants.
It’s equipped with an adjustable hood as well as adjustable waist and leg openings. To top it all off, it’s completely packable!
The price is also excellent, for how dry you’ll be. Next time you gear up to ride your motorcycle in the rain, make sure you’re equipped with your very own Coleman PVC/Nylon Rain Suit.
If you’re looking for a rain suit that will withstand a hefty load of elements, the Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit is to the rescue!
There are a few impressive features on this rain suit. It’s equipped with a highly reflective jacket, a storm flap, and plenty of zippers that provide ample ventilation. You’ll be able to stay dry and vent yourself if the ride gets too warm!
The Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit also features boot straps to slide under the heels of your boots. You’ll be able to ride with the pants of the rain suit positioned in such a way that water will slide right off your shoes! It’s an impressive feature that favors all types of bikers.
Overall, the Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit is a great buy. It’s not too pricey, it’s reflective, and it’s designed with a host of features that are seemingly geared for the use of motorcycle riders.
The Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit is a versatile rain suit that’s designed for a variety of uses. You’ll find that it can be used for biking, motorcycling, and even sports biking!
It’s made to get down and dirty, and it’s made to be ridden in poor conditions. The material is light and breathable, and ready for wetness! It’s not woven, meaning you’ll sacrifice some ventilation. With this being said, it’s ready for use in all terrains!
They’re definitely built to be worn over clothes. You’ll want to keep note of this, seeing as every size they sell can run a little large. They also don’t have pockets.
They’re definitely meant to be worn in rugged conditions. The Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit is a greatly valued rain suit that will keep you dry and warm!
I grew up working on my own cars and motorcycles and 15 years later I love still getting my hands dirty.