10 Best Headlight Bulbs 2021
Driving your car at night requires great attention since you can only see so far. The best headlight bulbs on the market will definitely increase...
Driving your car at night requires great attention since you can only see so far. The best headlight bulbs on the market will definitely increase your visibility and range of vision, making your night drives safer. However, with so many different types of headlight bulbs to choose from, it can often become an overwhelming decision.
Types of headlight bulbs:
- LED. They have an amazing life span and in theory, they shouldn’t lose any brightness over time. They also consume less energy, which in turn releases fewer CO2 emissions.
- HID. High-intensity discharge bulbs (HID) are also referred to as xenon bulbs by some manufacturers. They emit less heat than halogen bulbs and produce a bright whitish-blue light.
- Halogen. This is the most popular headlight bulb type on most cars as they are cheap and have a decent lifespan. They tend to get much hotter than LED or HID bulbs and they aren’t quite as bright either.
Whether you’re looking for the best replacement headlight bulbs because your current bulbs dead or even if you want to upgrade to a brighter bulb, we’ve got you covered. Below you will find a list of the top 10 headlight bulbs currently available on the market.
Top 10 Headlight Bulbs Ultimate Table
|Picture||Name||Type||Price||Our Rating (1-5)|
|1. Philips D4R Standard Xenon||HID||$$$||4.5|
|2. GE nighthawk 9003 Halogen||Halogen||$$||4.4|
|3. OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs||LED||$$$$||4.3|
|4. SYLVANIA XtraVision Halogen||Halogen||$||4.2|
|5. Kensun Xenon Low Beam||HID||$$||4.2|
|6. Philips 9006 Standard Halogen||Halogen||$||4.2|
|7. Philips X-treme Vision||Halogen||$$||4.0|
|8. SYLVANIA H11 SilverStar zXe||Halogen||$$||3.9|
|9. Philips H7 CrystalVision||HID||$$||3.8|
|10. SYLVANIA 9006 SilverStar||Halogen||$$||3.8|
Finding Headlight Bulbs for Your Needs
According to your specific desires out of headlight bulbs, you may want to lean more towards a certain type of bulb. All three types of bulbs have their own pros and cons, so it really comes down to a few minor differences.
- Light Color. If you’re looking for a very bright white color, you should opt for LED bulbs. They have a cool color at around 6,000 Kelvin, which makes them appear very bright. Halogen bulbs have a yellowish color, while Xenon (HID) bulbs are right between the two as far as color is concerned.
- Reflection. If you’re looking for the best headlight bulbs that can offer excellent reflection of road signs, you’ll want to go with LED bulbs. The brightness of LED bulbs causes road signs to have an excellent reflection.
- Range of Vision. Halogen lights offer a very limited range of vision; they tend to only produce light directly in front of the vehicle. Both LED and HID bulbs illuminate a wide range in front and on the sides of the road.
- Cost. If you want to save as much money as possible when searching for the best replacement headlight bulbs, halogen bulbs are often the cheapest available. HID bulbs come with a moderate price tag, yet they provide a much brighter light than halogen bulbs. Finally, LED bulbs tend to be the most expensive type, but they offer the brightest light out of the three.
Overall, if you’re looking for the most cost-effective option, go with halogen bulbs. If money isn’t an issue and you want the brightest bulbs available, choose LED bulbs. If you want very bright headlights without having to overspend, HID (Xenon) bulbs are what you’re looking for.
Top 3 Best Headlight Bulbs Reviews
At the top of the list is the Philips D4R Xenon Standard HID bulb. We placed this headlight bulb at the top because it offers excellent brightness without the hefty price tag that comes along with LED bulbs. This Philips bulb is sold individually and provides a bright white light that extends to the sides of the road.
The D4R Xenon Standard bulb by Philips is one of their premier bulbs allowing you to benefit from ideal brightness while driving. As a high-intensity discharge bulb, the light has a great throw distance and reflects road signs perfectly.
These headlight bulbs are incredibly simple to install and with very basic car knowledge, you will be able to install it yourself. With an affordable price tag and excellent ratings, the Philips D4R Xenon Standard bulb is one of the best on the market at the moment.
If you’re looking for the best replacement bulb for your car and you don’t want to overspend, the GE Nighthawk 9003 is for you. As a halogen headlight bulb, the price is on the low side and the color tone is rather yellow. However, it’s among the best halogen bulbs currently on the market.
The Nighthawk 9003 is capable of producing roughly 50% more light than standard halogen bulbs. This allows you to see further and more along the sides of the road.
As a plug and play headlight bulb, you will easily be able to install it all on your own. With a decent price tag and excellent brightness for a halogen bulb, the GE Nighthawk 9003 is easily placed among the most popular options for car owners.
Another excellent option to consider when searching for the best headlight bulbs is the OPT7 FluxBeam 3500. This bulb uses CREE MK-R LED and Arc-Beam technology to provide you with one of the brightest bulbs on the market.
The impressive lifespan of 50,000 hours allows you to rest assured that this bulb will outlast your vehicle in most cases. This headlight bulb eliminates foggy lights or short distance throws with its crystal clear 6000 Kelvin rating.
If you’re looking for incredibly bright headlights, you’re going to love this OPT7 FluxBeam 3500 bulb. The light reflects road signs to perfection, it has one of the furthest light distances available and provides great parallel-vision lighting as well.
I grew up working on my own cars and motorcycles and 15 years later I love still getting my hands dirty.