10 Best Bike Racks for Car 2021
You set out in search of the “best bike rack for car” and here is where you will find it! A bicycle is a wondrous...
You set out in search of the “best bike rack for car” and here is where you will find it!
A bicycle is a wondrous and simple machine. Like the bicycle, a bike rack is also a great invention. It’ll allow you to bring your bicycle wherever you please!
Although it’s a great invention, you can’t simply buy a bike rack and expect it to fit with any type of bicycle you have. You’ll have to do some hard digging; there are many factors that go into choosing a bike rack.
Accommodations for both your vehicle and your bicycle must be taken into consideration. These can be quite complex! Let’s take a look at a few critical things you’ll have to take into consideration upon deciding to purchase a bike rack.
Things to Consider
All of these items are of extreme importance when it comes to buying a bike rack.
- Weight of Bike. Many styles of bike racks are better suited for different types of bikes.
- Security. If you live in an area that’s subject to robbery, you’ll want a rack that features a locking system that’ll keep your bike grounded in place.
- Rack Accommodations. You’ll need to take into consideration the amount of bikes you’ll be hauling, as well as the weight of each bike. This will be an important influencer when it comes to the purchase of a bike rack.
- Rack Style. You’ll need to be familiar with each style of bike Roof racks are great for vehicles with factory roof bars. Hitch racks are excellent for cars with factory or installed hitches. They typically accommodate the most weight. A trunk hitch is another type of rack. It’s easy to install but won’t hold heavy bikes.
Top 10 Bike Racks Ultimate Table
|Picture||Name||Rack Style||Price||Our Rating (1-5)|
|1. Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack||Hitch||$$||4.5|
|2. Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack||Hitch||$$||4.5|
|3. Swagman XTC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack||Hitch||$$$$||4.4|
|4. Allen Sports 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack||Trunk Mounted||$||4.3|
|5. Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack||Hitch||$$||4.3|
|6. Allen Sports Ultra Compact Folding 1-Bike Trunk Mount Rack||Trunk Mounted||$||4.3|
|7. Saris 805 Bones 2-Bike Trunk Rack||Trunk Mounted||$$$||4.3|
|8. Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack||Trunk Mounted||$||4.2|
|9. Yakima Products RidgeBack Hitch Bike Rack||Hitch||$$$$||4.2|
|10. Hollywood Racks Baja Trunk Mounted Bike Rack||Trunk Mounted||$||4.1|
Here are a few more things to consider, while you’re searching for the best bike rack for car use.
- Hitch Dimensions. This is an important thing to take into consideration if you’re using a hitch style bike rack. You’ll need to know what dimension your bike hitch is compatible with. It would be a real bummer if you ordered a bike rack that didn’t fit!
- Vehicle Height. Do you have a tall vehicle? If so, stay away from roof racks! You’ll have to contort your body in some weird ways to get your bike on top of your car!
- Frame Accommodations. There aren’t too many bikes that have similar frames, and racks accommodate various types of bike frames. You’ll want to do your homework when it comes the type of frame your bike is designed with, as well as the type of frame your desired rack will accommodate.
- Tie-Down or Locking Latches. You’ll want to take into account the way that your bike will physically attach to the bike rack. This is usually done primarily through tie-down or locking latches. They’re both secure ways to keep your bike on your rack. Locking latches, however, may require an additional purchase of a pin to use the rack fully.
Top 3 Best Bike Rack for Car Reviews
Allen Sports is a quality manufacturer, to say the least. When it comes to the Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack with 2-Inch Receiver, there are a lot of things to talk about.
You’ll never run out of room on this rack. It will comfortably accommodate four bikes. Don’t worry about it not handling the weight of the bikes either – it’s a hitch style bike rack with arm extensions to comfortably handle any style bike you’ll ever put on it.
The installation is remarkably easy, and it’s constructed out of a durable steel material. The icing on the cake is the lifetime warranty included with the purchase of the Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack with 2-Inch Receiver.
You have to love this bike rack. It’s the best bike rack for a car. Make sure you have a hitch that’s compatible!
The Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack is a hitch style bike rack that accommodates two bikes comfortably. It can accommodate up to 35 pounds per bike.
Each bike sits on an extended arm, which folds for convenience and accessibility. If you’re worried about access to the trunk of the vehicle, don’t! The center of the rack can fold to give access to your trunk without much hassle.
This rack is compatible with both a 1-1/4 inch and 2-inch An important thing to note is that you’ll have to purchase a supplemental pin from the manufacturer, to keep the bikes grounded in place!
Overall, it’s a great rack for the price. It’s also incredibly easy to set up!
It’s pricey, but it’s worth the purchase. The Swagman XTC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack has a nice amount of innovative and unique features.
It fits two bikes and is capable of carrying decent weight, due to the rack being a hitch styled The design will allow you to carry your bike without taking off the front wheel. It also folds to accommodate trunk access. Simply fold it to get access to your luggage!
The arms are easily adjustable. At the push of a button, you’ll be able to slide the arms left or right! It also comes with a lifetime warranty, if anything ever goes wrong.
The attachment of the bike is very secure, as well. There are adjustable loops that cater to the size and style of your bike’s wheels. The frame attachment is also rigid and secure.
The Swagman XTC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack is a pricey but secure bike rack that’s great if you have a hitch that will accommodate it!
I grew up working on my own cars and motorcycles and 15 years later I love still getting my hands dirty.